California Capital Women’s Business Center Presents:
Small Business Success Series: Five Days of Events
October 25 – 29, 2021
Join us as we promote, highlight, and celebrate business successes, both small and large! During this fun-filled week we will:
- Share hot button industry trends and information
- Hear successful business owners discuss how they have thrived and pivoted during business landscape changes
- Deliver well-deserved awards to business owners & organizations
- And so much more!
Join the Women’s Business Center Pitch Competition
The Small Business Success Series will also feature the second annual Women’s Business Center Pitch Competition. Pitch your start-up or existing business venture to business executives, community finance organizations, and business consultants. Winners will receive business coaching, advising, and business plan assistance. Enter for your chance to win over $2500 in business seed funds. Pitches must be submitted digitally by October 21, 2021.
Submit Your Nomination for The Small Business Awards
Small Business Success Series conclude on Friday, October 29 with the Small Business Awards Ceremony, during which the winners of WBC Small Business of the Year will be announced from six different categories. You are encouraged to nominate your own business, or other businesses you know are eligibile for one of the categories!
- Small Business Start-Up/Entrepreneur of the Year
- Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year
- Community Engagement Champion of the Year
- Sustainable Business Enterprise of the Year
- Business Expansion of the Year
- Small Business Innovator of the Year
MONDAY 10/25 | 11AM-12PM
GET TO KNOW YOUR WOMEN’S BUSINESS CENTER TEAM
- Learn about the Women’s Business Center program and what it has to offer
- Meet the Women’s Business Center team and learn their Top 5 Tips for business and life
- Discover the opportunities available to you as a WBC client
- Get a sneak peek at our 2022 program calendar!
TUESDAY 10/26 | 12PM-1:30PM
WOMEN’S BUSINESS PIVOT PANEL
Learn from successful business owners as they discuss how they have navigated to thrive during business landscape changes
- Ask questions for real-world practices that you may be able to implement today!
Facilitated by Danielle Marshall, WBC Consultant
WEDNESDAY 10/27 | 11AM-12PM:
MEET THE “PITCH COMPETITION” PARTICIPANTS
- Meet several start-up and growth-track business owners as they share key information.
- Hear snippets from winning business pitches and learn valuable information for you to pitch your business to potential customers and community partners.
- Celebrate your top-five pitch competition winners!
Note: Pitch competition entries are due by October 21, 2021, and will be reviewed prior to Small Business Success Series.
THURSDAY 10/28 | 12PM-1:30PM:
WBC VIRTUAL MARKETPLACE
- Hear from Marshall Retail Group (MRG), a boutique airport retailer, and the Sacramento International Airport (SMF) about procurement and contracting opportunities.
- Ask questions directly to buyers from MRG.
- Listen to selected vendors as they pitch their businesses to MRG and discuss opportunities.
FRIDAY 10/29 | 12PM-1:30PM:
SMALL BUSINESS AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Announce the Awardees selected for “2021 WBC Small Business of the Year” in six separate categories!
Facilitated by Charles Thomas, WBC Counselor