Join the second annual Women’s Business Center Pitch Competition, part of Small Business Success Series 2021.
Pitch your start-up or existing business venture to business executives, community finance organizations, and business consultants. Winners will receive business coaching, advising, and business plan assistance. Enter for your chance to win over $2500 in business seed funds and. Pitches must be submitted digitally by October 23, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Rules, Eligibility, and Instructions
To be eligible for the Women’s Business Center Pitch Competition, the individual or business organization:
- Must register with the California Capital FDC Women’s Business Center Neoserra System (Or be registered as an existing client)
- Can be either a start-up or established business venture
- Can be non-profit or for-profit enterprise
- The proposed business plan/pitch should not be in violation of any IP rights
- Must limit their video pitch submission to 3-5 minutes in length.
- Must submit all information requested online prior to the contest deadline of October 21, 2021.
Please answer the following questions in your 3-5 minute video:
- What problem are you solving?
- What is the solution you are offering?
- How large is your industry market?
- Who is your competition?
- What makes you or your product/service special?
- How will you market your business and to whom?
- How exactly will you achieve sales?
- Have you assembled a qualified team or sought out business assistance?
- How do you plan to use the award if selected?
Only submissions provided through the proper form by October 21, 2021 will be accepted.
All submissions must be sent using the online form linked below. The materials required for a successful submission are:
- Completed online submission form, with all requested information accurate.
- Your 3-5-minute business pitch video
- A slide presentation summary submission of your business pitch. File format of your choice (PPT, CENGAGE,PREZI,GOOGLE SHEETS ETC.)
- Note: Only Online Submissions will be accepted
Tips for a Successful Business Pitch
- Do your research ( In your industry and on your business idea)
- Grab your audience attention early ( Create and Exciting and Innovative Presentation)
- Make your Pitch Deck Simple, Powerful, and Memorable
- Be confident in your delivery while staying humble
- Practice, Practice, Practice. ( Practice your pitch prior to recording your submission video