How to do Business with the Federal Government
Instructor: James D. Aldea, California Capital PTAC Procurement Counselor and Paul Tavernia, The U.S. Small Business Administration Lead Business Opportunity Specialist
California Capital PTAC is offering a 90-minute hands-on workshop focusing on all of the intricacies of Doing Business with the Federal Government. The instructor will provide an insight as to why you should do business with the various Federal Government entities.
The U.S. Federal Government is the largest single purchaser of goods and services in the world, awarding approximately $500 billion in contracts every year. They purchase everything from furniture to office equipment and hardware supplies. They procure janitorial, medical services, to grounds keeping services. They require construction/renovation of buildings, parking lots to shoring up dams/levees.
In this workshop we will discuss:
- Why Businesses should sell to the Federal Government
- The various categories of Small Business set-aside programs
- What you need to know prior to selling to the Federal Government
- The mandatory and suggested Federal Registration and Certifications to apply for
- How to search for Federal Government requirements/solicitations
November 4, 2021
9:00 am - 10:30 am