Caltrans North Region Virtual Procurement Fair
Caltrans Districts 1, 2, and 3 invite you to attend the North Region Virtual Procurement Fair. At this three-day event, learn about how Caltrans sources and purchases goods and services, find upcoming bid opportunities, and network with purchasers and advocates from Caltrans and other state agencies.
A 90-day priority purchasing preference will be given to vendors who attend the fair!
Day 1 11/8/2022
Morning Session – 10:00AM – 12:00PM – Doing Business with Caltrans Selling Goods and Services under $10,000 and Getting the Most Out of your Procurement Fair Experience
This session will educate businesses on:
- How they can do business with Caltrans under 10,000 dollars when Caltrans uses the fair & reasonable procurement method and a Visa card (CAL-Card) as a payment method for procuring goods and/or services.
- Learn tips on how to make the most of their time meeting with departmental buyers, advice on how best to present themselves and share info that purchasers really care about and set themselves apart from the competition.
Afternoon Session – 1:00PM – 3:00PM – How to do Business with the State of California Featuring the Office of Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (OSDS)
In this session, OSDS staff will discuss how small businesses and businesses owned by disabled veterans can apply for certification to become preferred sellers in contracting with departments and agencies of the State of California.
Topics will include:
- Requirements and benefits of state certifications
- Registering and listing your business on Cal eProcure to get contacted and solicited for work by the state’s buyers
- Using keywords and UNSPSC codes to list what products and services your business offers
- Finding competitive solicitations to bid on at caleprocure.ca.gov
- How to conduct research on what departments buy your business’s products and services
- Contacting SB/DVBE Advocates – employees in the state who can assist your business in working with their department
- How to ensure your business meets the requirement to perform a Commercially Useful Function (CUF)
Day 2 11/9/2022
Morning Session – 10:00AM – 12:00PM – Meet the Buyers from the Administration, Project Management, Planning, Maintenance and Traffic Divisions
In this session, businesses will have the opportunity to meet some of the buyers from the Administration, Project Management, Planning, Maintenance and Traffic Divisions in Districts 1, 2, and 3 and let them know what types of goods or services their company offers. This is an opportunity to share capability statements, discuss past work performance and share what makes their firm an outstanding choice to work with Caltrans.
Afternoon Session – 1:00PM – 3:00PM – Meet the Buyers from the Warehouse, Facilities, and IT Procurement Divisions
In this session, businesses will have the opportunity to meet some of the buyers from the Warehouse, Facilities and IT Procurement Divisions in Districts 1, 2, and 3 and let them know what types of goods or services their company offers. This is an opportunity to share capability statements, discuss past work performance and share what makes their firm an outstanding choice to work with Caltrans.
Day 3 11/10/2022
Final Session – 10:00AM – 12:00PM – Meet the Small Business Advocates from Caltrans and Other Government Agencies
In this session, businesses will have the opportunity to meet small business advocates from Caltrans and other State & Local Agencies. These advocates will provide a brief intro on how they may assist businesses pursue possible procurement opportunities and the types of commodities and services their agencies purchase. This is an opportunity to meet small business advocates who represent state government agencies and gain a contact for possible future business opportunities.
November 8, 2022 - November 10, 2022