Federal Government Contracting – Did You Know?
Instructor: James D. Aldea, California Capital APEX Accelerator Procurement Counselor.
California Capital APEX Accelerator offers a 90-minute hands-on workshop that focuses on providing pertinent information that you should know when doing business with the Federal Government.
The U.S. Federal Government is the largest single purchaser of goods and services in the world, awarding approximately $500 billion in contracts every year. Doing business with the Federal Government is an intricate matter having to navigate through the various requirements and regulations they have in place. There are mandatory requirements in place, Federal Regulations that are included in each solicitation/contract, to performance standards that you should be aware of and adhere to.
In this workshop, we will discuss the following:
1. Is it mandatory to be registered or certified to do business with the Federal Government and how do I go about doing it?
2. The Small Business solicitation/award set-asides you should be taking advantage of such as the Small Business, Veteran-Owned/Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, 8(a), and the HUBZone set-asides.
3. Federal Government solicitations over $25,000 must be posted/advertised and where to access them.
4. The Government Purchase Card program for purchases up to $10,000 for a Commodity purchase.
5. Did you know the Federal Government can terminate your contract at any time just for the Convenience of the Government?
6. Plus more and an Open Forum/Discussion for Specific Questions at the end
February 15, 2024
9:00 am - 10:30 am