A Manufacturing Program for COVID Response
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is in high demand, with masks and other sewn products needed to fight the spread of COVID-19. Sewn Products manufacturers have mobilized to meet the demand. This workshop will provide practical guidance on various market segments, opportunities, and technical training in the sewn products industry.
- Basic sewing skills
- Basic cutting skills
- Drafting a simple pattern
- Reading measurements
- Read and interpret pattern markings
- Applying basic closure techniques
- Following simple instructions to complete 2 projects
To complete this training program, attendees will receive further hands-on technical training on industry equipment.
Please note: $150 materials fee for the technical training will be required.
Online Dates & Times (FREE to attend):
View the recordings here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3zFbc5FCLRzlm9VF2Y1NN6CeSrYOebtf
- (Part 1) Feb 23rd, 2021, Tuesday, 9:30-11am
- (Part 2) Mar 2nd, 2021, Tuesday, 9:30-11am
Technical Skills Training Lab Dates & Times ($150 fee):
- (Part 1) Apr 14, 2021 Tuesday, 0930 am – 1230 pm OR 1:30-4:30 pm
- (Part 2) Apr 21, 2021, Tuesday 0930 am – 1230 pm OR 1:30-4:30 pm
- (Part 3) Apr 28, 2021, Tuesday, 0930 am – 1230 pm OR 1:30-4:30 pm
**The sign up instructions for the lab dates will be provided in the webinar**
The technical skills training will be limited to groups of 5 or less at the Sewn Products Lab at Synbyo.