USAspending as a “Market Research” Tool
In 2018, the government spent $4.11 trillion. On July 17, 2019 California Capital PTAC will offer a hands-on USAspending.gov workshop where the instructor will guide the participants through the functions and features of the USAspending.gov website and provide insight as to how to conduct market research on federal spending data that is specific to their business.
USAspending.gov is the official source for spending data for the U.S. Government. Its mission is to show the American public what the federal government spends every year and how it spends the money. You can follow the money from the Congressional appropriations to the federal agencies and down to local communities and businesses.
To participate in the hands-on section of this workshop, it is recommended that each participant brings their own internet connected device i.e.; laptop, tablet etc.
- USAspending.gov provides a big-picture view of the federal spending landscape.
- The Spending Explorer lets you explore the entire federal budget in increasing granularity, illustrating how awards derive from federal accounts.
- USAspending.gov provides a targeted approach to finding federal award data.
- Whether you’re a congressional staffer, agency employee, researcher, or data buff, the Award Search will help you answer your toughest questions about federal spending.
- The Advanced Search option offers filters that let you customize your data sets. Interactive visualizations — including a spending map — complement downloadable files.
September 12, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
California Capital Women’s Business Center
1792 Tribute Rd #270
Sacramento, CA 95815
Get Directions »