Business Tax Concepts You MUST Know (Parts I and II)
Part 1: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:30 am- 12:30 pm
Part 2: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:30 am- 12:30 pm
***Please Note: This is a two part class. You are automatically registered for BOTH classes when registering.
In Part 1 You will learn:
- How operating a business creates tax benefits.
- For-profit versus nonprofit activities.
- The necessity of “profit motive” for deductions and tax benefits.
- Filing 1099s and the penalty trap.
- IRS audits of businesses.
- Requirements for tax deductions.
- Start-up expenses.
- TCJA: updated business vehicle deductions.
- Home office deduction.
- TCJA: new QBI deduction.
- Self-employed health insurance deduction and Health Savings Accounts.
- TCJA: updated meals and entertainment expenses.
- Record keeping to protect tax benefits.
In Part 2 You will learn:
- Employees and independent contractors—the differences.
- Misclassified employees—new enforcement; higher penalties.
- Tax & legal biz structures—differences in taxes, fringe benefits & protections
- Sole props, partnerships, LLCs and corporations—the differences
- What must be done to get LLC or corporation benefits?
- Out-of-state entities doing business in California.
- Asset protection and alter ego.
- Tax treatments of vehicles used for LLCs and corporations.
- Health insurance and medical expenses for entities and employees.
- Hiring your spouse and dependent children.
- Loans to or from your LLC or corporation.
- Recommended entities.
Bio of Instructor: Randy Roth, EA, MSFS Randy Roth is a tax, estate & business consultant, providing services to individuals, businesses, estates, trusts and non-profit organizations. He advises in the formation of business entities, corporate compliance matters, real estate holdings and non-profits—as well as in their on-going maintenance. He is an owner and principal of Incompass Tax, Estate & Business Solutions, an Enrolled Agent with a Masters specializing in Estate Planning and Taxation and has been in business for over thirty years.
September 11, 2018 - September 12, 2018
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
California Capital Women’s Business Center
1792 Tribute Rd #270
Sacramento, CA 95815
Get Directions »