The Certified Woman Owned Small Business Program is a federal contracting support program through the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Please view this slide presentation for information about the program and guidance on how to apply WOSB Federal Contracting Program 2013
You must be a for-profit business to apply and be in an eligible industry.
For more information about the program please visit the SBA Website.
- Must meet SBA’s small business size standards for the primary Northern American Industry Code System (NAICS) code and be a for-profit business
- Be at least 51% unconditionally and directly owned by a woman or women who are U.S. citizens
- The woman/women must manage the day-to-day operations and hold the highest officer position(s)
- The woman/women must work at the business full-time
- during normal working hours
- No minimum time in business is required, however, the woman/women must have sufficient experience to control operations, decision-making, and long-term planning
Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Business
- Same requirements as WOSB plus:
- The woman must have a personal net worth less than $750,000, excluding ownership in business, personal primary residence equity, and any assets transferred within two years to or on behalf of an immediate family member for education, medical expenses or other essential support or to family member for recognition of a special event
- Adjusted gross income averaged over three years is $350,000 or less, excluding income reinvested into the business, retirement accounts, or used to pay business taxes
- Fair market value of all assets, including business equity, is $6M or less
Please check our calendar for upcoming Certified Woman-Owned Business Workshops where we reveal more in-depth information about the program and application process. If you have questions or need help applying, give us a call and we can help you!