With over 30 years of experience working in underserved communities as a CDFI, Women’s Business Center, small-business lender and research and data center, California Capital has developed solid research tools and methods to conduct strategic and environmental assessments of target areas. These assessments highlight issues and needs within communities allowing private, public and non-profit entities to respond in impactful ways. Our research and facilitation is conducted in a multi-step, interactive process that includes mapping and data collection, written reports on key community issues, regularly occurring meetings and brainstorming sessions both in house and with clients, and the identification of priorities and action plan development.
Research produced by California Capital can be used for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- The research can be made available to guide and focus meetings both internally and with clients in the process of strategic planning.
- The research can provide both California Capital itself, and clients, with a needs assessment that is driven by data, mapping, and community engagement.
- Overall, the work accomplished by California Capital will serve to strengthen our client’s role as a strong socially, responsible corporate citizen in the areas of service, investment, and lending.
Products & Services offered by California Capital include, but are not limited to:
- Data Collection
- Community Need Assessment Narratives
- Qualitative interviews
- Development of Performance Context
- Market Surveys
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Virtual/Interactive Tours
- Mapping Services
Sample Virtual Tour
Check out our youtube channel for more virtual tours!
Our Mapping Tools include:
- Static Maps – 2 dimensional, flat maps created using Esri ARC GIS software
- Online Maps – Created in a customizable web application; easy to share/embed
- Interactive Maps – Geocoded data overlaid onto an interactive platform
California Capital has the ability to map the following types of data:
- Demographic data
- Lending, Service, Investment data
- Geographic boundaries – both official and customized
- Qualitative, locally gathered data